September 8, 2010
To achieve success, members of any marketing team must be united by a compelling vision and a shared set of beliefs.
With a commitment to teamwork, I invite you to join me in believing and internalizing the following affirmations:
- We are inspired by the mission of our team.
- As we visualize the role of marketing within the organization, we are proud to be a part of an exceptional consulting team working on projects that really matter.
- We value diversity within our group, knowing that each of us makes a unique contribution.
- We build synergy whereby the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. In so doing, we recognize the interdependence of every member of the team.
- When the spotlight is on one of us individually, we appreciate and acknowledge the contributions made by our teammates, knowing that success is usually a team effort.
- We celebrate when another member of the team excels. After all, we know that one teammate’s success reflects positively on the entire group.
- When something goes wrong, we avoid pointing fingers and assigning blame. Instead, we join hands to seek solutions and to look for the learning embedded within the situation.
- We assume positive intentions on the part of others. In circumstances where there is a potential for misunderstanding, we proactively seek clarification.
- We are loyal to other members of the team, especially in their absence. We focus on the positive, affirming attributes of co-workers and teammates.
- We always operate from an abundance mentality that seeks win-win solutions. We refuse to believe that our win implies a loss for someone else, knowing that a scarcity mentality spawns fear, competitiveness and retaliation.