Whenever I hear Louis Armstrong sing What a Wonderful World I feel warm all over. I am reminded that I live in a full, abundant world.
Together we all share the joys and sorrows of life’s journey, though we we may be at different places along the path. In the distance I’ve traveled, I’ve learned a few things along the way. I share the following observations for the benefit of my fellow travelers:
With a commitment to living my life according to God’s plan, I believe that:
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Meaning and purpose can always be found in the midst of chaos.
- Knowing some of the questions is better than having all of the answers.
- Every thought, every choice and every action has consequences.
- What one focuses upon in life expands.
- We live in a world of abundance where there is enough for everyone.
- In a win-lose situation, there are usually no winners.
- Diversity divides when we focus only on our differences, but it enriches when we build on things we share in common.
- Life only makes sense when viewed from an eternal perspective.
- No matter how good the “good old days” may seem, our best days are yet to come.