One of my favorite songs is Louis Armstrong’s rendition of What a Wonderful World. It reminds me that our time in this world can be a wonderful adventure, especially if we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Together we share life’s journey, though we may be at different places along the path. I’ve traveled quite a few miles, and though I’m no philosopher, I’ve learned a few things along the way. For the benefit of my fellow travelers, I share the following observations:
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Meaning and purpose can always be found in the midst of chaos.
- Knowing some of the questions is better than having all of the answers.
- Every thought, every choice and every action has consequences.
- What one focuses upon in life expands.
- We live in a world of abundance where there’s enough for everyone.
- In a win-lose situation, there are usually no winners.
- Diversity divides when we only focus on differences, but it enriches when we build on those things we share in common.
- No matter how good the “good old days” may have seemed, we’ve got to believe that our best days are yet to come.
- Life only makes sense when viewed from an eternal perspective.
Okay, that’s my initial list. What do you think? I’d like to hear what you’ve learned from your own, unique journey.