I am proud to have spent my entire career working in hospitals, universities, human services agencies and various nonprofit organizations. In the following blog posts I share some of my thoughts about life within the wonderful world of nonprofits.
Just so you know, I work at the American Red Cross as a communications professional. Sometimes my job requires me to serve as a public spokesperson for the organization. This is a personal blog, however, and the opinions I share here are exclusively mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
- What Our Public Affairs Team Did in New York
- Miracle on 49th Street
- Stories from Joplin
- Helping People Help
- When the Emperor Has No Clothes
- Why I Hate Committees (But Love Task Forces)
- When Fundraising Becomes Begging
- I Hate Fundraising When…
- Please, Not Another Fundraising Campaign!
- The Difference between Mission and Vision
- What to Do When United Way Moves Your Cheese
- Two Guys Giving Birth to a Communications Plan
- My Mission as a Red Cross Communicator
- The Impact We Have Red Cross Communicators
- Marketing Manifesto I – Individual Responsibility
- Marketing Manifesto II – Team Performance
- My Week In Greensburg after the Deadly Tornado
- Career Transition, Blog Posts and a Presidential Hug