Review my personal mission statement.
I‘ve spent quiet moments reflecting on my purpose in life. In so doing, I have come to realize that my personal mission is to:
- Understand the world around me.
- Create order from within the apparent chaos.
- Share unconditionally the abundance in my life.
I especially find it invigorating to see how my personal mission aligns with my work as a marketing professional. Any good marketer, after all:
- Seeks to understand by listening, asking lots of questions, reading and conducting some type of market research.
- Creates content, tells stories and produces materials to help consumers navigate through the chaos of a noisy market place.
- Shares ideas using a variety of traditional and new media, helping individuals to make good decisions and wise purchases.
Life is great when one’s personal mission aligns with a noble career calling (such as nonprofit marketing).
This idea was originally created as part of the Rejuvenation Project, a month-long challenge to find one actionable idea per day that could help me to 1) keep my batteries charged, 2) remain focused on career priorities and 3) rejuvenate the creative spirit.